It is important for students to remain active and fit all through the year. Busy academic schedules make it difficult for most to follow a fitness regime. However, the importance and benefits of one cannot be undermined and it is crucial for every student to include a fitness plan in their daily schedules. It has also been observed that despite intentions of implementing a fitness routine, students fail to make it habit to exercise owing to several reasons. Here we share a few tips that shall help students implement an effective fitness plan.
- Make a plan – To start with it is important that you make a plan that is doable and set expectations that are achievable. Do not make unrealistic plans that may be difficult for you to implement.
- Choose activities you like – Include physical activities like walking, biking, swimming, yoga, zumba, dancing, basket ball, martial arts, etc. that you love to do. There is no point it including exercises that you do not enjoy. If you enjoy doing an activity, you will look forward to it instead of avoiding it. Also try to walk or bike to university.
- Workout in the gym – Hit the gym every now and then if not daily. Many universities have gym facilities for their students. If not then you can enroll into a gym or buy membership in one that is conveniently located and is well equipped. Signing up for fitness programs for limited durations is also a good option.
- Exercise with friends – Exercising with friends is a great idea and also makes it more interesting. The more the merrier! If you have friends with you, you will actually look forward to these sessions and have fun as well that also thwarts the tendency to skip exercising.
- Reward yourself – Set realistic and short term goals and reward yourself once you have achieved them.